- My Little Po-Mo, Book 2: Book 2 is running a bit late but proceeding apace. I will almost definitely miss the July deadline, but hopefully by no more than a couple of weeks. I will also be writing the commissioned essays during the next couple of months, so expect to see those soon.
- My Little Po-Mo, Book 3: The next book will compile the Fanworks Month and Derivative Works Month articles, plus Season 3. I expect to run a Kickstarter for it in September, October at the latest. (Kickstarter fail rates skyrocket in November-December, so if I don't get it by then it's not happening this year.)
- My Little Po-Mo, endgame: This past weekend's Equestria Girls post was the final Derivative Works Month article. Ever. Next week begins Season Four, which as I've said several times is the end of the project; I will do Season 5 liveblogs, but I am not planning on doing full articles for it. Season 4 coverage will begin, as I said, with the ending, then jump back to the beginning. I do not expect any lengthy breaks, just the occasional guest post here and there while I'm at a convention, so My Little Po-Mo should end in about 30 weeks, give or take.
- Site redesign/move: So, I got an e-mail this morning that the domain name I registered last year expires in two months. Eh-heh-heh... oops. I really do want to get moving on this, but I am very much at sea with these things, so it's taking a long while. It WILL be happening at some point, though.
- The Very Soil book: No Kickstarter for The Very Soil, as I said. I am hoping to have it off to the editor by the end of the month. It will of course contain all of the The Very Soil articles, with expansions and revisions, and right now I'm looking at adding three more, one each on Kazumi Magica and Oriko Magica, and one additional "Against _____."
- Let's Plays: Recording begins tonight, if all goes according to plan. Our first two games will be Final Fantasy III (the U.S.-released Super Nintendo game, FF6 in Japan) and The Ur-Quan Masters HD. Not sure yet if we're going to go straight through one and then the other, or alternate. Our next game after that will probably be Terranigma, but that's pretty far off. Not sure yet about formats and release schedules; we'll play it by ear.
Monday, June 30, 2014
Various bits of news and future planning today: